Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- For the salad:
- kosher salt 3
- heads broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- Two carrots, shredded
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries
- 1/2 c. sliced almonds
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- For the dressing:
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- medium sauce pan
- large bowl
- Bring 4 cups of salted water up to a boil in a medium saucepan. Prepare a large bowl of ice water while waiting for the water to boil.
- Add broccoli florets to the heated water, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until tender.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and put the ice water in the prepared cup.
- Drain flourishes within a colander when cold.
- Combine broccoli, red onion, carrots, cranberries, nuts, and bacon in a large bowl.
- Whisk vinegar and mayonnaise together in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the broccoli mixture over the dressing and stir to combine.
Calories: 116 – Fats: 12g – Protein: 37g