Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- 1-ounce bacon, diced
- 3/4-pound well-marbled beef chuck, boneless and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup leeks, chopped
- 1 parsnip, chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon mixed peppercorns, freshly cracked
- 2 cups of chicken bone broth
- 1 tomato, pureed
- 2 cups kale, torn into pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Dutch pot
- Heat a Dutch pot over medium-high flame.
- Now, cook the bacon until it is well browned and crisp reserve. Then, cook the beef pieces for 3 to 5 minutes oruntil just browned on all sides reserve.
- After that, sauté the peppers, garlic, leeks, and parsnip in the pan drippings until they are just tender and aromatic.
- Add the salt, peppercorns, chicken bone broth, tomato, and reserved beef to the pot.
- Bring to a boil. Stir in the kale leaves and continue simmering until the leaves have wilted or 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Ladle into individual bowls and serve garnished with fresh cilantro and the reserved bacon.
Calories: 359 – Fat: 17.8g – Fiber: 1g